Monday, June 05, 2006

Geek goddess

So, this whole "superhero" gig is such a boy's club. I mean, honestly- the biggest female name in the trade is Wonder Woman, and her theme song is about her satin tights. Ugh.

It's not all bad, though. I mean, once I figured out my target demographic, I was really able to hone my skills. You see, I speak geek. Sci fi, comic books, video games, D&D, anime...not to mention my crazy Star Trek knowledge. I have a level 60 Dwarven Priest with an epic mount and my full set of epic gear hanging out in Ironforge. I can have a full conversation comparing the relative merits of the original Cylons versus the humanoid versions. I enjoy dressing up for conventions.

Do you understand the power I have? I have access to some of the most brilliant minds on the planet with a smile and a few "Lord of the Rings" quotes. A flash of my tricorder, and I have an army of geeks to do my bidding. You know, as long as my bidding doesn't include anything too athletic or requiring of social skills...

OK, fine. I admit it. My main "superpower" is that I have breasts. Nice ones, really- and with some weight training and pilates, my personal trainer says I should be able to fit into my Princess Leia bikini in no time. What? Trust me, honey, it's better than that Jane Grey mind power crap if you want to bend about half of the population to your will.


Live long and prosper,
Princess Fannish

1 Comments:

Blogger belsum said...

Yeah, it can get lonely out here amongst all the boys.

--Octavia, Empress of Mars

7:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home